1. Don’t be late. Punctuality is polite anywhere, but at a wedding it’s essential. If the invitation says the wedding starts at 1pm, that means you must be seated and ready for the bride to arrive at 1pm. If you are late, and the bride is already there, don’t stop to say hello. Hurry into the venue and hope she didn’t see you!
2. Do not take photos of the bride before the groom has seen her. If you are just a guest at the wedding, don’t sneak out the back to get a quick picture of the bride before she enters. There’s a photographer for that, and you sneaking a peek before she arrives at the top of the aisle is beyond rude.
3. Don’t sit at the front if you’re not family or very close. There is a seating hierarchy at weddings. Close people at the front, acquaintances at the back. If in doubt, sit further back.
4. Don’t wear a white dress. It’s the bride’s day for white, and this is a day when rocking up in the same outfit, or even colour, is not ok.
5. If you’re invited to the reception, do not come without a present. They are likely paying upwards of $80 to have you there. Not bringing a gift is very disrespectful.